Grilled Tuna with Apple Fennel Salad
Summer is the perfect season for grilling, and we love hey modest marce’s tasty recipe for Grilled Blue Circle Yellowfin Tuna. Pair the grilled fish with a zesty salad of tart Granny Smith apples, fennel, and gorgonzola, to bring out its delicious natural flavors.
- 4 Blue Circle Yellowfin Tuna Fillets, defrosted
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees.
- Drizzle tuna fillets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on each side for 2-3 minutes until cooked to medium rare. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together fennel, apple, celery, walnuts and gorgonzola.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and cider vinegar and season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer the salad to a plate and top with grilled tuna
Rate Our Recipe
Back to yellowfin Tuna