Cajun Honey Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
This sweet and spicy salmon recipe from Whisks and Wildflowers is perfect for patio eating. Cook the salmon grilled or in your oven and top with a generous portion of pineapple salsa to balance out the Cajun notes of cayenne and garlic.
- 1 package of Blue Circle Atlantic Salmon Fillets, defrosted
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
For Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 small pineapple, cored and diced
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil on the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Lay the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whip the softened butter until fluffy and add honey, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chipotle pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread a generous layer of the Cajun honey butter on top of the salmon.
- Grill skin side down for 4-6 minutes and skin side up for 1 minute.
- Serve the salmon and top with the Pineapple Salsa.
Pineapple Salsa Instruction:
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Rate Our Recipe
Back to Atlantic Salmon