Happy Fish Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup
Recipe courtesy of MODEST MARCE.
Fall is soup season! Most of us look forward to diving into a bowl of warm soup on a cozy autumn day. This colorful curried butternut squash + carrot soup is exactly what you need in chilly weather. Made with our Happy Fish salmon bites, it’s warm, seasonal and flavorful. You can serve the fish on top as a garnish or on the side for protein.
- 1 package of Salmon Happy Fish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- Pumpkin seeds, to garnish
For the Soup:
- In a large pot over medium heat add the oil, garlic, ginger & onion. Season with salt & pepper. Sauté until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash & carrots. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Season with turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg & red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the chicken stock & bring to a boil. Reduce mixture to a gentle simmer, cover with lid & cook for 45 minutes.
- Using an immersible hand blender, add the coconut milk & puree the soup until smooth.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes. ladle into bowls, top with pumpkin seeds & a Happy Fish!
Pan-Seared Happy Fish
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place frozen Happy Fish in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. (Note: Prepare Happy Fish from frozen. Do not thaw prior to cooking.)
Rate Our Recipe
Back to Happy Fish