Baked Sheet Pan Cod with Roasted Vegetables
Can you cook frozen fish? The answer is, YES!
This simple, single sheet pan-baked cod recipe by Lynne Curry can be the prime example on how one can cook our MSC certified cod portions effortlessly with in 25 minutes.
If you are looking for a sustainable fish dinner recipe which doesn’t require the trouble of thawing it overnight, please give this recipe a try.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium mixed bell peppers (red, yellow or orange ), cored and thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 5-ounce frozen cod skinless cod fillets (See Recipe Notes)
- 3 or more fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- coarse sea salt, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Oil a baking sheet with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the onions, peppers and tomatoes evenly over the potato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish fillets dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Arrange them over the center of the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and arrange the rosemary sprigs around them, if using.
- Roast until the potatoes are fork tender and the fish is opaque and flakes easily, about 25 minutes.
- To serve, use a wide metal spatula to scoop up a portion of the vegetables onto the center of a plate. Top with a fish fillet and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt, if using.
- If using thawed or fresh fish filets, cook the vegetables for 15 minutes. Then, place the filets on top of the vegetables for the last 10 minutes of cooking time until cooked through.
Rate Our Recipe
Back to Atlantic Cod