Who can resist a new twist on fish and chips? This mouth-watering meal by Inspired with A Twist features our wild-caught Atlantic Cod and a tangy, home-made slaw!Print Recipe
- 4 Blue Circle Cod Fillets room temperature
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- S+P to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Beer non alcoholic works too
- Coleslaw mix
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Káiser rolls
- High heat oil like peanut or canola
- Pickles for serving
- To make the slaw; add all ingredients to a bowl and season to your liking.
- Prepare a pot for deep frying.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and put aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Add in the beer and mix until smooth.
- Make sure the oil is hot before dipping the fish in and fry until golden brown. Place in an oven rack until all fish are done.
- Heat a skillet and roast the insides of the brioche.
- Smear some Dijon mustard on the buns, place the fish on the bun first then add the coleslaw and pickles.