In this easy one-pan recipe, James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award winner Chef Nora Pouillon tops our sustainable salmon fillets with a delightfully crunchy pumpkin seed crust. If you don’t have salmon on hand, try it with our Wild-Caught Cod!Our resident expert, winemaker Alexis Pouillon of Domaine Pouillon Winery recommends pairing this dish with a rosé, such as their Grenache Cinsaut blend made in the Province rosé style.Print Recipe
- Blue Circle Frozen Atlantic Salmon Fillets cooked from frozen
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 can 4 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked chili optional
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix corn, black beans, cilantro, ground cumin and smoked chili together. Season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking dish.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds, salt, black pepper, oil, and sliced scallions in a blender until it forms a paste.
- Coat frozen salmon fillets with pumpkin seed paste.
- Place fillets in baking dish on top of black bean and corn salad, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.