This sweet and spicy salmon recipe from Whisks and Wildflowers is perfect for patio eating. Cook the salmon grilled or in your oven and top with a generous portion of pineapple salsa to balance out the Cajun notes of cayenne and garlic.Print Recipe
- 1 package of Blue Circle Atlantic Salmon Fillets defrosted
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 small pineapple cored and diced
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ¼ red onion minced
- 1 serrano pepper minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil on the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Lay the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whip the softened butter until fluffy and add honey, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chipotle pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread a generous layer of the Cajun honey butter on top of the salmon.
- Grill skin side down for 4-6 minutes and skin side up for 1 minute.
- Serve the salmon and top with the Pineapple Salsa.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.